Trend Report: UFOs, Rihanna, and TaxTok
Here’s what we’ve got for you today:
- Trending Hashtags
- Trending Sounds
- TikTok News Snippets
UFOs – Whether it’s tourists from another planet or advanced military technology, you be the judge. Recent news of unidentified flying object sightings has led to an upwards trend of UFO-related hashtags.
- #ufo (8K videos)
- #aliens (4K videos)
- #ufosighting (680 videos)
TaxTok – dancing with turbo tax in a new promo, sharing tips on how to file taxes correctly, and discussing tax credits and deductions.
- #dancewithturbotax (754k videos)
- #taxes (35k videos)
- #taxseason (15k videos)
Money Season – in light of tax season, the financial side of TikTok is also seeing a boost.
- #waystomakemoneyonline (873 videos)
- #howtostartaffiliatemarketing (703 videos)
- #sidehustleformoms (590 videos)
- #creditrepairservices (445 videos)
- #savemoneytips (274 videos)
Booktok – book-related reviews and recommendations are on the up and up.
- #bookreview (3k videos)
- #bookhaul (2k videos)
- #booksthatmademecry (715 videos)
Superbowl and Rihanna – the game, halftime performance, Rihanna’s makeup line, and party food are still topping the charts well into the next week.
- #eagles (34K videos)
- #chiefs (22K videos)
- #superbowl57 (3K videos)
- #superbowlsnacks (3K videos)
- #superbowlhalftimeshow (2K videos)
- #rihanna (16K videos)
- #fentybeauty (4k videos)
- #rihannasuperbowl (1K videos)
Baking, Journaling, and Candles – TikTok is feeling crafty. Journaling, stationary, and candles are seeing an upswing as well as baking. Imagine this: Drake’s 2013 Nothing Was The Same album, but it’s a cake.
- #drakecake (1k videos)
- #cakeart (1k videos)
- #journaling (5k videos)
- #candlesoftiktok (1k videos)
- #stationary (375 videos)
- #stationaryaddict (336 videos)
Party Planning – it’s party season, balloon season, and baby season!
- #babyshower (4k videos)
- #balloons (3k videos)
- #balloonartist (1k videos)
- #partyideas (812 videos)
- #partydecorations (468 videos)
Plants – the houseplants trend that emerged during the pandemic is back
- #philodendron (456 videos)
- #houseplant (403 videos)
- #plantcare (403 videos)
- #essentialshoodie (4k videos)
- #southparkedit (3K videos)
- #whatyoulookingfor (1K videos)
- #indexcardchallenge (886 videos)
- #boysaliar (3K videos)
- #boysaliarpart2 (2K videos)
- Boy’s a liar Pt. 2 – PinkPantheress & Ice Spice (320.2K videos)
- Big Boy Speed Up-Dj Kampung (128K videos)
- WHY ARE PPL USING THIS SOUND-riley (465.7K videos)
- Stranger Than Fiction-Chase Plato (221.4K videos) 🔥 ABU
- original sound-Coach (260.8K videos)
- original sound-jessthegreat (448.6K videos)
- I Think I Like When It Rains-WILLIS (883.1K videos) ABU
- original sound-Qcriders (16.6K videos)
- rockhardt-Carbon!(70.1K videos)
- Glue Song-beabadoobee(51.6K videos)
- My Way (feat. Monty)-Fetty Wap(71.2K videos) 🔥
- Stargirl Interlude-The Weeknd (89.9K videos) 🔥
- Umbrella Lofi (Remix)-BANG AL(107.7K videos) 🔥 ABU
- Cute-Aurel Surya Lie(40.2K videos) ABU
- Ruby Sparks (Slowed)-Monét Ngo (80.3K videos) 🔥
- This City-Sam Fischer (1.3M videos) 🔥
TikTok News Snippets
New data insights to discover trends 📈: TikTok announces new data insights including a “Most Popular” section made up of the top 10 trending topics and hashtags of the day, insights showing which videos are most popular with different age groups, genders, locations, and other demographics, a “Discoverability” score that rates how well a video is performing in comparison to similar content, and a “Hot Now” tab highlighting topics that are gaining momentum on the platform.
Creator Fund 2.0 💸: TikTok is currently experimenting with a revamp of its creator fund that would give creators more compensation than the prior version. This new adaptation could also potentially modify the specifications for who is eligible to receive the payments; requiring creators to have a minimum of 100,000 followers for instance. The potential launch date of this “Creator Fund 2.0” has been speculated to be as soon as March.
TikTok set to overtake Facebook 🚀: in the world of social media domination, TikTok is on track to pass Facebook with over 800 million monthly active users. According to a recent study, TikTok is on track to become the most popular platform for young people seeking tours, activities, and experiences inspiration within two years.