As Poetic Prophet NeNe Leakes once said: ‘I don’t need any of that. I need some water and my check. And that’s all I need, honey.’
This TikTok Trend is about interactions and situations where someone is asking for or expecting too much. People participating in the tiktok trend this week have shared examples of not wanting to climb the corporate ladder, take on more responsibilities, or get to know co-workers on a personal level. This trending sound can also be used for things not related to work, but that you are just uninterested in.
Sound description: I don’t need any of that. I need some water and my check. And that’s all I need, honey. I show up, I do what you ask me to do, and goodbye.
Pizza don’t pay bills. We’re hiring remote call center agents. Interested? Click the link in our Bio. US ONLY. #workfromhome #virtualcallcenter #virtualcallcenterjobs #workfromhomejobs2023 #uglconnections #imhiring #callcenterjobs♬ Just my water and my check – Amber Danielle
How They’re Using This TikTok Trend:
- When your manager tries to assign extra responsibilities but you’re not trying to climb the ladder.
- When my Supervisor asked me to do something at clock out time
- POV: your boss tries to give you more work without a pay increase
- When my coworkers ask me if I a want to hang out after work.
- When they ask if I will train someone without extra pay
- When They Say You Need To Be More Social At Work
- When people ask for free photoshoots!
- Me: I’m very heavy on company policies my water and my check..
- When management asks if you want to stay after work for a pizza party
- POV: When my boss pats me on the back for a job well done instead of giving me a raise
What is the ‘I Need Some Water and My Check’ Trend on TikTok?
The “I Need Some Water and My Check” trend on TikTok is all about setting boundaries and keeping things straightforward. Stemming from the wise words of, NeNe Leakes, the phrase “I don’t need any of that. I need some water and my check. And that’s all I need, honey,” perfectly encapsulates the sentiment of individuals wanting to remain uninvolved beyond their core duties, desires, or interests. At the heart of this trend lies the universal feeling of desiring simplicity and directness in one’s interactions, particularly in a work setting. TikTokers have creatively employed this sound to showcase instances where they’ve been asked or expected to go beyond their role or comfort zone without adequate compensation or genuine interest. From dodging additional responsibilities without the promise of a raise to avoiding forced social interactions at the workplace, the trend offers a humorous take on standing one’s ground. It’s not just limited to work scenarios; it also extends to other areas of life where someone might be asking for more than one’s willing to give. With this trend, TikTokers are not only sharing their relatable experiences but are also making a statement about the importance of valuing oneself, asserting boundaries, and ensuring that effort is duly compensated. Whether it’s about refusing to get involved in office politics or sidestepping social pressures, this trend has become a cheeky anthem for many who prioritize their peace and pay above all else.